Friday, July 21, 2017

More cyclical, cynical, existential bullshit

The path you take is a question of experience
And learning your worth, uncover revelation
Sometimes I want to sleep forever
I wish I could be more assertive
I wish I had more confidence
Which is kinda pathetic, cuz I think I'm the best
But I couldn't be, with these comparisons
Well maybe I'm just narcissistic :/

My thoughts jump around way too much
It hurts most when I'm starved for human touch
Forgive me for sticking with a withering love
I'm only as much as I've done; which is nothing
My existence consists of mostly dying and running
Don't be hopeful and think I am coming

You're going to lose me, how does that feel?
Sometimes the optimist in me gets killed
Revival is pointless; there is no happiness
When depression takes the reigns

You've gotta laugh when you're defective
Sick humor a side effect for a sick reality
Sometimes it's impossible to be happy
I can't get comfortable with my anxiety

I try to be hopeful and look to the sky
But the clouds cast a shadow, drains my will to be bright
All I can ever think to do is write
My electric nerves set the page on fire

I sink with despair to obsession with memes
As if comfort and care were replaced by content sharing
Like such common affair could replace what is missing
I won't go anywhere with that kind of thinking

I chalk it up to self defense
But I've got to admit I'm a fucking mess
About damn time I try to cleanse
But I'm stuck, introduction to listlessness

Try escaping this lame presentation of doubts
I keep running but fuck, I can't make my way out
So I lift up my head as I lower the clouds
My sanity starving, in time with the drought

Cuz my brain is a place of too much abstract thought
And the rain can't sustain my unquenchable thirst
You never get to live if you don't wake up first