Thursday, March 30, 2017

About Dogs and Men

Yeah, hi, I like your face
I think it's cute how you wag your tail
I wanna pet you but you look kinda dangerous
I'm not looking for anything but affection

I get riled up and excited too
Sometimes I want to bite and chew
I'll snap at your hand with an attitude
But I just reflect your mood

So easy to train but I decline
I'm not trying to keep you for mine
I like animals to be wild
I like sensations high

I'm no alpha, I'm an observer
I'm a loner and a lurker
Cat that wanders through the world
And dogs have got me spooked

Something so pure from something so feral
Man's best companion and favorite creature
Man's an extension of animal features
Man is a dog when it comes to his nature

I just accept you and I wanna pet you
Dogs are just loyal to the person they rescued
Dogs are adorable and lovable too
But sometimes aggression leaves bruises

Can't blame a dog for just being a dog
Can't blame a cat for acting nonchalant
Cats overreact then backtrack to play it off
Dogs just never know when they did something wrong

I got a dog that never paid attention
Something was wrong, some kind of a deficit
We got along we just never connected
But I didn't want to get rid of him

Well there are plenty of dogs in the world
They're beautiful, lovable and mine for a moment
I'm happy to stay here and play for a bit
To throw you a bone and let you go fetch

I'm not afraid of big dogs
I love them from their nose to paws
But honestly I'm kinda small
And get knocked down a lot

In all honesty the real comparison
I wanna make with dogs and men
Is just a case of loyalty
And knowing what it means