Friday, March 31, 2017

Beautiful Disaster pt 2

She was a beautiful disaster
But a memory of distate
Left her unable to fathom
If she could reason with reality

She was a beautiful disaster
And she made up all her stories
Based on real life characters
That left her with a void

Oh you beautiful disaster
You make such a pretty mess
Let me see your pretty mouth work
Let me take away your stress

Such a beautiful disaster
She's a body with a mind
It's not enough to run away after
I want to see you try

She's a beautiful disaster
And all she does is cry
No, all she does is walk but really
She tries so hard to fly

She's a beautiful disaster
Smoke pouring from her lips
Wine sweet on her tongue
Wandering fingertips

She's a beautiful disaster
With a squint and a smirk
She rolls her eyes and shakes her head
And makes sarcastic remarks

God, beautiful disaster
So small and insecure
So ready just to disappear
Convinced she doesn't matter

Not so beautiful, definitely a disaster
I seek the comfort in the words
The beat of mine with a message
The silence is over

Disastrous beauty
Monstrous perfection
If I choose one over the other
I'm lying in my arrogance

I don't really think I'm beautiful
I just say what I am told

I keep playing all the wrong roles
I really have to go