Monday, March 13, 2017

Hey, Let's Figure This Out! [long, probably don't read]

It seems to me that everybody-
Wait, let's take it back now baby
Casual with the usual hold
Underneath lackin' control

I don't have my shit together
I'm not looking for a path
I'm not heading out tonight
You won't find out if I'm coming back

I'm sorry, baby
I care too much about other things
I care too much about myself
I care about you but I have trouble focusing

Self absorbed
Yeah, you weren't ready to believe
You were never ready for it
All your thoughts were preconceived

Me. I'm a loner
I'm a predator
I get close but
You'll regret it, huh?

Stop. Stop overthinking it.
Just let it go.
It was just years wasted and a
Wandering eye taking control

You got this.
I have unlimited faith.
I'm always going to believe
I have got what it takes

I'm not trying to be a nuisance but
I am processing all the mistakes I've made
Keep me separate from my feelings and
Shut my body down because I always take

And take and take and take

Picture this;
Snow falls softly, sound is muffled
I alone am the only; I am myself
Without you, my love, I have trust
Fact is, my analyzation skills needed work and
Now I don't lose concentration nearly as much

Words of wisdom, listen to your friends
But your friends have investments of their own
I just want to share myself with
People that I can adore and won't
Take advantage of the fact I get attached and
Please understand that I am flesh and bone and tact
I, I get sorrowful but always try to smile, there's
Nothing wrong with me I just forgot to interact

Sorry, I think with my body.

Sorry, I wanna listen to you talk and take in every nuance of your speech.

Sorry, I fixate as soon as I forget and forget and fixate and fixate and forget.

Every detail to me is an element of fascination.
Every thought is as bright as as the day
And my eyes weren't meant for that kind of creation
My hands are meant to be wandering

Damn. I have me all to myself.
How nice does that feel?
I'm so pretty when I talk like that.
My personality is so genuinely real

I sometimes try to fuck with your mind
My friends are not a culture I'm in
My friends are merely placeholders for
The entity I am within

Who are you? Do you know?
If I think I do, it just goes to show
How petty I am, how shallow
Surface oriented, try comatose

Try zombified, try sick of crying
So I bury myself on this side of silence
I bury myself in the threat of residing
On opposite sides of the reason I'm dying

Nah, don't think about it.
Nah, just get over it.
Stop overthinking
Who's overthinking?
Who's the one cheating?

Nah, I've given up on the relationship game
So just give it to me straight
I'm not that type of person
 Just wanna make it worth it.

I'll interpret. So my life is just that.
I'm trying to take my body back
I'm trying to make up for things I lack
By letting it go, for a moment at last

Oh, darling pick me
I only want to please
I can only take so much of this teasing

Yeah, I go too fast
I'm not sorry for
any way I act

I'm giddy
Maybe I don't need more to drink
Maybe I should actually try to think
But the wine is so sweet

I don't really drink too often
I keep hoping my resolve won't soften
But sometimes I just get to talking
And my mouth gets way too comfortable. Sorry.

I relive the imagery as if it was a part of me.

But

Fuck.
I've just gotta give it up.