Thursday, June 8, 2017

[Josh]

Allow me to strip you of your sensitivities

Be pleased of your conquest, your spreading seeds

And be appeased in your progress in getting rid of me

I didn't need you, repeat and then it will be 


I grieve your companionship, because I 

Believed I could handle it, but I was

Too weak to withstand the facts


But that's not what we planned to happen


Goddess, get me on the same page

I'm just wasting away

I'm a waste of your space


But you let me invade

And I gave you the same


Try to relate but appraisal was latent


You let me believe I was closer

I couldn't conceive what you wanted

There's nothing left for us, we know


Love isn't logical


You're under your own control

You're the one who should've spoke

With your skewed notion of preferred roles


Our words are at odds with the actions in tow


I'm so tired of being the one to fill the empty room

An unempathetic audience, I talk to the walls

You fucked yourself royally, and so did I

A promise is nothing when shrouded in lies


Now Stop.

Breathe. 

Remember me?

I used to See.

I looked past negativity

I used to talk rhythmically

In metaphor and cyclically 


I still generalize everything

But you always know what I mean

Fuck man we just forgot to speak

And I called for you but you stopped listening


I know you didn't want to watch me suffer

I know this shit goes deeper

I'm not the only one with a weakness

But I'll scratch it til it bleeds


I fragment in hopes you relate

You the reader, whoever you may be

I'm giving you ways to derive meaning

But I'm doing this for me


I might never make him see

But I'm hopeful and naive


I'd be honored, now in all honesty

To be criticized in an arrogant rage

As if I didn't criticize you all the same

As if blatant deflection helped your case


But I'm irrelevant now

Less than nothing, like you said of her 

And you assume I'm just a toy

At least I don't betray myself


By getting caught in my own web of lies


Still, I can't ignore 

The feelings I harbor

And you can ignore me and make me feel awful

But you're going to choke on your double standards



My feelings aren't useless 

I'm not over you and

I'm hopelessly coping but not getting through yet


But this isn't about how you hurt me

This is about me processing

And finding out how to finally get free

How to be happy


I want to rise above

Find eminating love

Remember comfort from a touch

Cuz you kinda fucked that up


But


I hope you find what you're missing

Hope you get on your grind and succeed


Honestly


I hope you're finally learning

What I couldn't seem to teach