Thursday, May 25, 2017

Stormy

I'm not telling you how to feel
I've got better investments
If you don't wanna rock the boat

If I hold your attention
Cast my spell on ya
I'm wasting my time with the energies spent
If we're sinking, I'm jumping ship

Oh my captain, he goes
Down with the Vessel
Just remember, I'm a swimmer
And I'd go down go down go down with you

I've never taken abuse when I face it
But strong man has gotta pull everyone's weight
Can't just be selfish, but Self is my game
Mistakes on my lips wanna back off too late

I ran and he didn't come after me
Thinks he can wait it out patiently
Sorry, there's so much more that I need
I don't come back where there's nothing for me

The storm will blow over
Or that's what I'm told
But I've been keeping my clouds low, low, low
It's a hazy excuse to get into a mode
Have some fucking self control

Smoke is rising, rising
We're capsizing, riding
The waves of desire
I'm fanning the fires
Won't respond to the obvious lie

So captain, your choice
I can't save you from your vices
I can only hold myself but I'm
Sinking, sinking, sinking

Manipulation has a voice
And it deflects into the void
And I just get so fucking tired
Of the same thing, same pain, again

Vessel running on lies and hiding from the self
Breaking down solutions before they can help
Can't make repairs fast enough

Devil on my shoulder tells me fight for love
Angels saying just give it up
It's not mine to fuck with, not mine
So rise above, rise above

I'm at the shore, hailing your sails
Solid ground never felt so good
Maybe I'll take off before you land
The bird takes to the air

I'd tell you what I want if it'd change a thing
Come after me, come after me, come after me
Gave you a broken heart that no one can fix but me
Please
Come after me, come after me, come after me

I'll never make you choose, let you make your own decisions
I'd never weaponize my own fucking dereliction
I've got to spend the time getting rid of my addictions
And I can only hope you'd do the same, but make no promises

Please please please please
I can stand on my own two feet
I can't expect you to come for me
But hope is always holding

A rope burning my hands
It's secured around your neck
It's too much for me to handle
And you've dulled down all the blades

I can't cut you down
You've tied all your own knots
I wish my sharp tongue was enough
But I can't tell if you want...

Love is a sacred bond
But it's easy to shatter an open heart
The vessel filled with broken parts
We'd rather just discard

The problems won't stop if they're ignored
I'd rather focus on my own
Distract with love and let it come
Wish I could cast off your doubts

If I told you what I want
There would be another storm
But the honest answer is
At the risk of sounding selfish

I want you for my own

But that's why I need to let you go.