Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Actual Shade

Sorry if it’s problematic
Casual with the usual antics


                                            You

Don’t trip on me honey, I’m not anything, I’m irrelevant, you’re the main event

No I’m not here to judge boy, but I’m here to show you the judge, you gotta self reflect

You gotta watch your act, I say this to myself, but you tell me a different story.

For all the time we’ve been together, we were never, ever, on the same level.

Sorry I couldn’t get past the fact that you lied and lied and lied

Sorry sex is a tactic to keep your hands over your lovers’ eyes

Sorry I’m too honest so I called you on your constant

Manipulative deflection, sparking gaslit fires of nonsense

If confusion was abuse hey man I’d be filing those charges

But since love’s the only sentence needed I’m planning my departure

I’ve served your time and mine my dear so I’ll be on my way

Because the killer in me killed an ego freak

And my soul needed tending as well as my body.

I was never for you I was never for you I know I was never for you

But I was so moved by you, you’re right, weakness it is

I’m weak and I fell and it ruined a friendship

I gave in to the sex and I pitied my autonomy

Like giving myself to you would fill another part of me

But huh, look at that, surprise! It didn’t

It sucked me away in the darkness you’d hidden

It found me in darkness I put around myself

I’m a product of my environment.


So me, I can fix it by going outside.
I hope that light is something you can find.
Or at least I hope you learn to see in the dark.






                  Me
Wake up, little light!

No more sorrow, it’s time to fight!

No more worry, whether wont or not

No more fear, with all you’ve got!

Break free child, the air is callin’

Storm’s a’brewin’, rain is fallin’

No more tears, dry those eyes

Surely as the sun will rise

Surely as another day

Light will come and dark will fade

Be free, my love

Open as the morning sky

Ridden on the breath of day

Surely as the Sun will rise


I’m still a monument to weathered shrines
Enabled in the higher mind
But also I’m a monument
To not knowing where you’re going yet.







[Emma]
I’m sorry I said what I said to you
Jealousy’s a memory that gets me confused
I understand enjoying your company
And I guess I just got left a little too lonely
I guess you win, if that’s what you wanted
I guess I should’ve guessed it all along?
It’s funny because I think we both got played
But girl you do you, we’re all just playing the game
I still think you’re cool but I’m calling in crazy
We fuck it all up and don’t mean to cause heartache
I was a little easier to control, so you got put to the side
I’m sorry I gave in to something I wanted to defy
It’s okay I guess, I’m still irrelevant
I still think too much to get anything done
I still wish you well, I wish for him too
Just sucks when all I wanted was to be included


Guess love isn’t a factor when you’re captured by a delusion.