Friday, March 10, 2017

Another ramble poem

This is the story of the day when the windows broke
Combustible bonds reminiscent of the fires you stoked
When wrong and hope came up unchoked
The force of it blew us back into the fold

Forgetting the difference of whatever severance wrenched us apart in the semblance of our status,
I would rather have worried that the quarries between us weren't as bad as I could make them up to be.
Forgetting the frenzy of anxiety that tested me, molested by the thought of her lips on your cock or your love in her palms.

Forget the fact that these feral impulses and primal instincts were that of the watchful love that held your illusion of monogamy together through threading the threats
Of judgement.
Fair treatment.
Respect and respectability, following generations of unnamed exasperation and hidden agenda.
In a word, manipulation, because whatever you did to her, you did to me.
A less than nothing feeling.
Forget about a sense of self worth.
Do nothing but remember the currents, like the fish and the bird.
Analyze, interpret.
Why invalidate an answer when you only get the sample,
they design it to go as far as you can take  
And when the answer is a web of lies,
they see decline through lying eyes

But I'm a child of much simpler times
I roll along with sarcastic eyes
And I'm sorry that it took all this to find solace
in the thought that I was guided by the rising tides.

But I'm a monument to weathered shrines
And you're the reason all the fires died.
So don't tell me you were really mine
When you can't see straight through your lies.